Katori Jingu (香取神宮, Katori Jingu) is a Shinto shrine outside of Sawara, northeast of Narita. It is the head shrine of several hundred Katori shrines found across Japan. It is dedicated to Futsunushi no Mikoto, the protector of military men, and has been a popular and important shrine since the days of the samurai.
The shrine has a stone lantern lined approach that begins after some shops and restaurants found around the shrine’s parking lot. Katori Jingu’s oldest standing structures are its black painted main building and vermilion gate, which date from the year 1700.